How to choose a website company
You need to remodel your website and have called several companies for quotes. After talking to 3 or 4 companies, you’re more confused than ever. So, how are you going to compare and decide who’ll do the best job? Here’s some tips to help you choose the right website company.
Choose the better value
I shouldn’t even have to bring this up but I will any way as I know many business owners choose strictly on price and that’s a mistake. Going with the cheapest is rarely a good idea and I would ask you to think to your own experience on this one. Are your services the cheapest? Probably not.
When a potential customer says they are going with someone cheaper, what do you tell them? You probably remind them you provide a better value, such as installing a higher quality part that will last longer, thereby saving them money over the long run.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
It’s the same for a website. The cheaper solution may be a website that doesn’t include writing copy or a design meeting so you can offer your input on the design. Here’s some questions you should ask before making a decision.
- Will the website be written in a search engine friendly code?
- Is writing copy included in the price?
- Who supplies the photos?
- Do you install analytics?
- Do you conduct browser compatibility tests?
- Is the website tested for errors before uploading?
- Do you include a design meeting?
- Do you offer hosting services?
- Do you offer maintenance services (after website is complete)?
- How long does the process take?
Here’s the most important thing of all-
Look at the website company’s own website. Does it look good? Is it easy to navigate? If their own website is a train wreck and looks unprofessional, what are the chances your website will look good?
Remember, this new website will be your company’s online presence so make sure to ask the right questions before making your decision.